You brain is not always working for you.
Your brain does not innately want you to do the hard thing, the uncomfortable thing, the thing that takes you out of your comfort zone.
The reality is that if you are afraid of doing something, your brain can and will always find some excuse (or what we often call reasons), why we shouldn’t do it.
It’s almost like having an argument with a person that is a know-it-all; even though what they are arguing does not make sense, they will continue to say that they are right, even if the facts are against them.
It’s important to understand that excuses are things that simply make us feel better and fool others.
If you’ve ever used these excuses or anything like them: “I just don’t have the time, my life is just so hectic, I have 2 jobs, I have kids I drive around, I’m taking care of a loved one, I am in the middle of an important project, I am short on money right now….
Recognize that there can and always will be a reason not to do something hard. And if we want to make change we have to throw our excuses in the garbage.
And if you’re not sure if they’re excuses, ask yourself:
- Is this important enough for me? Really important?
- Why is this important to me?
- What will happen if I don’t achieve this?
- Where will I be 1 year, 5 years, 10 years if I don’t make a change?
Now that the answer is YES! And it better be yes, because you basically have nothing without your health so it better be up there.
Be prepared that every single time you hear yourself say and excuse, answer yourself by saying, “yes, but I can still do it because…”
And then debunk your excuse:
- It’s too hard – everything worthwhile is achieved through difficulty
- I don’t have time – everyone has the same amount of hours in the day, make the time
- I don’t have the $ – you have the money you just need to stop spending money on things that are taking your further from your goals
- I have failed too many times at this – Michael Jordan didn’t make his high school basketball team. 12 different publishers turned down Harry Potter
- I don’t know how – ask someone how
- It’s not working – Are you doing it properly, are you giving it your all
- It’s boring – suck it up, put on some good tunes and make it as fun as you can
- These kinds of workouts are not for me – so what have the workouts that you were doing for you before doing fo you
- I can’t eat this kind of food – you can’t eat it, if you don’t try it
- It’s too early – it’s only too early because you went to bed too late
Hope this helps you make less excuses, and get more results!
Co-Founder Best Body Bootcamp
CHEK Holistic Lifestyle Coach, Certified Health Coach, PT
PS – If you’re ready to stop making excuses, and start getting results, our 21 Day Challenge is here for you! Custom online Fitness, Nutrition, Accountability and Support! 👉21 DAY CHALLENGE link: https://go.bestbodybootcamp.com/optin-8675