So sometimes life happens over the weekend and meal prep does not.
That’s life sometimes, and we can either beat ourselves up about it, get by on takeout all week and end up shitty come Friday … or we can do simple meal prep during the week using really simple recipes.
It’s possible to find time to meal prep during the week even when you’re busy, you just need to have the will and the right ingredients. So head to the store after work if your fridge is empty and carve out a little time tonight for these 3 meals…oh and yeah, you can eat one of these for dinner too!
>Breakfast Meal Prep
Serves 1, but pull out a few more mason jars and make extra so you’re set for the whole week!
Peanut Butter Cup Overnight Oats
- 1/3 cup Oats (quick or rolled)
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 oz Pure Paleo Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsps
- PB & Me Powder
In a medium-sized mason jar combine oats, almond milk, PB&Me powder, chia seeds, cocoa powder, banana, Pure Paleo Protein Powder.
Stir well to combine.
Cover and store in the fridge overnight.
Remove from fridge, mix and eat it up!
>Lunch Meal Prep
Serves 4 or 4 lunches
Lentil & Feta Tabbouleh
- 2 cups Lentils (cooked)
- 2 Tomato (medium, diced)
- 2/3 cup Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- 4 cups Parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Red Onion (finely diced)
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ Lemon (juiced)
- 2 tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
Toss all ingredients in a large bowl until evenly combined. Add sea salt and black pepper to taste. Divide into bowls and enjoy!
>Dinner Meal Prep
Serves 2 or 2 dinners
Mixed Green Salad with Rotisserie Chicken
- 4 cups Mixed Greens
- ¼ Cucumber (about 1/2 cup )
- 1 stalk Green Onion (sliced thinly )
- 2 stalks Celery (chopped )
- ½ Avocado (1/2 large or 1 whole small one, sliced or cubed)
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice (freshly squeezed – about 1/2 lemon)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 12 ozs Whole Rotisserie Chicken
Pull Rotisserie Chicken and set aside. Combine all salad ingredients (1st 4 ingredients) in a large bowl. For dressing, mash avocado and mix with lemon juice, sea salt, and pepper. Add to salad and mix well. Top with chicken.
Hope these help you stay healthy this week!