I don’t know about you, but a hot bowl of soup is my favourite comfort food this time of year. I’ll be sharing a few soup recipes over the upcoming weeks, so stay tuned.
This one is absolutely delish, nutritious and a complete meal – healthy fats, carbohydrates and protein, so you can stay satiated and warm.
Let me know what you think of this one!
Cream of Broccoli Soup
- 1 Sweet Onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 Carrot (chopped )
- 3 stalks, Celery (chopped)
- 5 cups Broccoli (chopped, incl. stalks)
- 1 Garlic Clove (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 can coconut milk (BPA free can)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp dry ginger
- 2 cups Green Lentils, or sprouted lentils (cooked, drained and rinsed)
- In a large pot add coconut oil and chopped onion. Sautee until golden and fragrant. About 8 min.
- Add in carrot, celery, broccoli, garlic and spices. Mix for a minute.
- Add water, coconut milk and lentils. Cook for 3 – 5 min until the broccoli is bright green, and gently cooked, but still crunchy.
- Turn off heat.
- Carefully transfer soup to a high speed blender (I love my Vitamix) and blend to a puree. Ladle into bowls and enjoy!