I hope some of you like doing a little holiday baking because I have a ‘must bake’ healthy Christmas cookie recipe for you!
Who doesn’t love a good Christmas Cookie?!
What makes it so great is that it’s not loaded with sugar and actually packs some protein and healthy fats, so no guilt!
Oh, and it’s also kid-approved and easy to make. Win! Win!
Holiday Tahini Cookies
Prep Time: 22 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 14 cookies (approximate)
- 1/2 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp almond flour
* You need Holiday cookie cutters if you want to make these festive, otherwise you can just roll them into small balls, flatten them with your palm, and bake
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF
- Place a large piece of parchment paper on your countertop
- Prepare a baking sheet with a sheet of parchment paper
- In a bowl, mix together all the tahini cookies ingredients.
- Divide the dough into 3 pieces and roll into balls.
- You will notice that the dough is quite oily, so have a little bowl with extra almond flour if the dough feels too wet.
- Place a ball of cookie dough on the parchment paper on your countertop and press down with your palm and fingertips until about 1/8 inch – making sure not to go too thin.
- Press the cookie cutter to create the desired shapes and place them on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Repeat process with the rest of the dough
- Bake the cookies for about 8 minutes or until slightly spread out and light golden brown on top.
- Immediately out of the oven, the cookies will be very soft. Allow them to cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes before handling.
- These keep well in a cool dry place in a closed container for about 1 week.
Co-Founder Best Body Bootcamp
CHEK Holistic Lifestyle Coach, Certified Health Coach, PT
Ready for Change? Join our 👉21 DAY CHALLENGE Custom online Fitness, Nutrition, Accountability, and Support!